Southwestern Shrimp Quesadillas
In this fun dish, a Southwestern favorite mingles with Coastal seafood flavor. While a popular party appetizer (think margaritas, queso, Mexican dip), it can easily make a quick, entertaining meal, served with chips and salsa. Mom wears a sombrero.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY Less Sodium Seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high. Add shrimp, peppers, green onions and OLD BAY. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Place 3 tortillas on baking sheet. Spread with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with second tortilla.
- Bake 5 minutes or just until cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Serve warm with avocado slices and sour cream. Yee-haw.