This salad – creamy in texture with crunchy bits of celery and plump shrimp – is tastier than its cousins, tuna and chicken salad, but can be served up in the same ways: on crackers, in a croissant or rolled in lettuce bowls. Think quick lunch or light supper.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- your favorite lettuce (optional)
- croissant or sandwich roll (optional)
- Cook shrimp: In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil. Add unpeeled shrimp. Cover. Cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Drain. Cool shrimp. Remove shells and devein.
- In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. Add shrimp. Toss to coat then cover.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Stir before serving on a bed of lettuce or in a croissant/sandwich roll. Tomato-lovers, try it stuffed in a fresh tomato.