Shrimp And Wild Rice Cakes
These clever shrimp cakes make mini serving platters for you to experiment with different sauces, dips, veggie toppers and garnishes. Try the sour cream sauce to start, then make up your own.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon OLD BAY Seasoning
Shrimp & Wild Rice Cakes:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked (unsalted) wild rice
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cans (1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sauce: In a medium bowl, blend sour cream, green onions and OLD BAY. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Shrimp cakes: Mix flour, OLD BAY and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in shrimp, cooked rice and green onions. Add butter, milk and eggs. Gently stir until blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet coated with no-stick cooking spray on medium heat. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of shrimp mixture into skillet. Flatten slightly so cakes are about 2 inches in diameter. Cook cakes in batches, 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Serve shrimp cakes with sauce.
- Note: Recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cool, wrap and store cakes in the refrigerator. Reheat on baking sheet in preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Refrigerate sauce in a covered container.