OLD BAY Fried Walleye
Coleslaw and Hush Puppies are traditional accompaniments to a fish fry.
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 pound walleye fillets
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix cornmeal and OLD BAY in shallow dish.
- Dip fish fillets 1 at a time in beaten egg. Allow excess egg to drip off. Coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add fish fillets; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once
Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute catfish, cod, pollock, rainbow trout or striped bass for the walleye.