Low Country Shrimp Boil
Passed down from generation to generation, the low country shrimp boil is best enjoyed outdoors with friends. Cleanup is minimal if you skip plates and serve on paper-covered tables. Just drain the shrimp and pile high where everyone can dig in. Peel, eat and be merry.
- 1/2 cup OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 quart water
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer (optional)
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 ears fresh corn, cut in half
- 4 pounds large shrimp in shells
- In an 8-quart pot, bring OLD BAY, salt, water and beer to boil on high heat. Add potatoes. Cook 13 minutes.
- Add corn. Continue to cook 7 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook 4 minutes.
- Drain and dump contents in the center of a paper-covered picnic table. (Contents of pot can also be divided into several large bowls or buckets.) Sprinkle additional OLD BAY over the top for finger-licking flavor.
Unavailable at this time.