Developed for OLD BAY by award-winning author Perla Meyers, crusted shrimp combines an assortment of spices and herbs to create a spicy marinade for shrimp. Salad enthusiasts: try crusted shrimp on top of an ordinary Caesar salad for pizzazz.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine OLD BAY, oregano, black pepper, garlic, and onion powders, cumin, chili powder, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add shrimp. Toss well to coat, then cover. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in large non-stick skillet on medium-high. Drain shrimp and add in batches. Cook 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Swipe a few shrimp for yourself, then transfer to a large serving platter. (Once served, these crispy treats won’t last very long.)