Crazy Delicious Catfish Fry
‘Crazy delicious’ is when something tastes so good you have to call up friends and tell them about it. Its flavor worth sharing. Everything you need for your next fish fry is in this easy recipe. We guarantee you’ll be passing this one along.
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow dish, mix cornmeal, OLD BAY, parsley and garlic salt.
- Dip fish fillets one at a time in beaten egg. Allow excess egg to drip off. Coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Pan-fry fillets 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Drain on paper towels. Sneak a bite before guests arrive…Mm! Now that is crazy delicious.
Catfish Substitutes: cod, pollock, rainbow trout or striped bass