Corn And Crab Chowder
Showcase summer’s sweet corn in this rich and creamy chowder.
Photo credit: Ali Ebright from Gimme Some Oven.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 leaf McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and bay leaf; cook and stir 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Add corn and crabmeat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
For thicker chowder, substitute half-and-half for the milk.