Classic OLD BAY Crab Cakes
Trivia players, take note: this is the original recipe that appeared on the back of the OLD BAY can. (It’s a keeper.) Baking powder makes the crab cakes light and fluffy, while OLD BAY Seasoning adds personality. Serves four lucky folks, unless you’re feeling generous and want to make them into mini crab cakes to serve as appetizers.
- 2 slices dried bread, crusts removed
- Small amount of milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Break bread into small pieces in large bowl. Moisten with milk. Add mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Shape into 4 patties.
- Refrigerate patties 30 minutes to help keep them together when cooking.
- Broil or fry until golden-brown on both sides.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• For mini crab cakes, shape crabmeat mixture into 24 small crab cakes. Continue as directed.
• Serve crab cakes with OLD BAY® Tartar Sauce, if desired.