Chesapeake OLD BAY Crab Cakes
In Maryland, crab cakes are as familiar as bread and butter. This classic “from scratch” recipe features fresh lump crabmeat that is sensationally seasoned with OLD BAY, the choice spice of seafood lovers. (If you’ve never had a crab cake, please do yourself an enormous favor and try one. You’ll see what all the fuss is about.)
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- In a large bowl, mix bread, mayo, OLD BAY, parsley, mustard and egg until well blended. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape into 4 patties.
- Broil 10 minutes without turning, or fry until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle lovingly and liberally with OLD BAY. Smile. Serve.
Using OLD BAY® 30% Less Sodium Seasoning saves 83 mg sodium per serving.