Beer Battered Cod
Three cheers for beer! Beer Batter gets extra kick from OLD BAY, giving these pan-fried cod fillets great taste and an extremely crispy texture. Super crunchy for fans of fry. Toss in hush puppies or battered veggie bites and sprinkle with OLD BAY.
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1/2 cup 2 tablespoons beer or water
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- Heat oil to 375° in heavy saucepan or deep fryer (use enough oil for food to float but do not fill pan more than half full).
- In a shallow bowl combine Batter Mix and OLD BAY. Add beer and stir until smooth. (Sip the remainder of the beer. Do not waste good beer.)
- Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- Fry fish a few pieces at a time 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Variation: Try with peeled and deveined shrimp.