BBQ Chicken The OLD BAY Way
OLD BAY has been spicing up the barbecue scene for quite a while as a “secret ingredient” in grilling sauces, dips and marinades. Whether you hail from Charleston, Memphis, Kansas City, Lockhart or Lexington – each proclaimed “BBQ capital of the world” – you will find this unique-flavored dish most extraordinary.
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- vegetable oil
- Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- In a small saucepan mix ketchup vinegar brown sugar horseradish Worcestershire sauce OLD BAY mustard and garlic powder. Simmer over low heat 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Lightly brush chicken pieces with oil. Sprinkle generously with OLD BAY. (Mmm.)
- Grill chicken over medium heat with lid closed about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through turning occasionally. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce during last 10 minutes of grilling. Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.