Baked Salmon with Creamy Herb Sauce
Replace the word ‘creamy’ in this recipe’s title with ‘dreamy’ and you’ll understand the state your tongue is in after just one bite. The herb sauce is downright sinful, with both heavy cream and sour cream, plus all of the herbs to season salmon just right. Rich, flavorful and unforgettable.
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 1/4 teaspoons OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Herb Sauce:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Chives
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon on baking sheet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon OLD BAY.
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Mix bread crumbs, parsley, basil and garlic. Add to skillet along with lime peel and juice and remaining OLD BAY. Cook while stirring 6 to 8 minutes or until crunchy. Coat salmon fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Herb Sauce: Mix cream sour cream, chives, basil, parsley, pepper, lemon juice and salt until well blended. Serve with salmon.
Salmon Substitutes: swordfish or mahi